Meet Tom Higgins, our new Sales Director.
Tell us a bit about yourself?
I started at Tailify a month ago and joined the team in London as Sales Director. I started working client side for Life Fitness and Bosch and took the leap into media sales joining Rocket Fuel for 3.5 years. Whilst in media sales I created @out_in_london, an Instagram account that aims to share the best food, drink and nightlife in London and have since grown the account to 80,000 followers. Over 2 years @out_in_london has worked with companies such as Time Out, Visit London, Heinz, The Royal Albert Hall, Wimbledon and around 300 restaurants and bars in the city.
Why did you join Tailify?
As an influencer I personally use a lot of influencer platforms so I am aware of what other companies offer. Tailify really stood out from the crowd, focusing on cross social platforms (not just Instagram), executing campaigns globally, working with a high calibre of influencers and specialising in tracking, data and reporting, which is very important. Moreover, Tailify also like to develop people quickly and are open to allowing you to work in numerous projects, across different departments and in different countries too.
What is your advice to grow your Instagram account?
– Create a standout bio that explains who you are and why people should follow you.
– Share amazing content that you know your audience will love.
– Post on a regular basis, at least once a day.
– Always use 30 hashtags.
– Use the best apps to edit your content (Snapseed is my personal favorite).
– Run competitions that fit in well with your niche.
– Follow people within your niche.
– Engage, engage and engage – Comment on content, like loads and network with as many people as you can.
– Create a strategy, stick with it and keep going, accounts don’t grow overnight but if you put the effort in you will see the rewards.
Best Instagram account to follow right now?
At the moment I am obsessed with @Shila_the_pom, the fluffiest little dog that also has a birdie friend.
Where do you see Influencer Marketing in the next two years?
1. Influencers will become even more creative and professional
With the rise of technology, better camera equipment and editing software influencers are now able to become more creative than they were before. Animation will grow quickly with influencers creating better video, stop motion, gifs and cinemagraphs.
2. Brands will open up more budget for Influencer Marketing
In 2017 Brands and Agencies started to notice the power and performance Influencer Marketing had on their campaigns. In 2018 we will see further growth of ad-blocking across digital marketing as clients begin to move away from pop ups, pre-rolls, autoplay sidebar videos and in the way banners to social activity that allows them to reach specific, engaged customers at scale in a creative way and also track their response.
3. Data, data, data – Measuring success and ROI from Influencer Marketing
In the next two years we will see more data being released by social platforms as tracking becomes even more important, this will give brands and agencies the transparency to assess the performance of Influencer Marketing and allow even more detailed ROI reports.